Legal Counsel (Part Time)Apply now
About the Role
Starting from 25%, we are flexible with the working hours and times, and you are welcome to work remotely within Germany or in our Munich office.
As Legal Counsel at InterNations, you will:
- act as key point of contact for all legal matters affecting the company for internal stakeholders (colleagues and New Work SE legal team) as well as external stakeholders (external data protection officers, public authorities, lawyers, etc.)
- provide effective, business-focused day-to-day advice on a broad range of issues, including local law compliance, IP, third-party complaints, compliance, privacy and data protection (GDPR), and respond to various inquiries both in English as well as in German
- collaborate with internal business stakeholders to draft, review, and revise commercial contracting templates and contract-related policies
- monitor legal changes that affect the company and/or our industry environment
- be responsible for selecting, mandating, and managing external lawyers
- help strike the right balance in a start-up environment between entrepreneurial risk-taking and protecting our people & assets
- proactively train business partners and other functions to enhance the level of knowledge regarding critical legal areas with a potential impact on business operations
- A completed master’s degree in law with a very good academic record, ideally from a German jurisdiction — you are a commercial/business lawyer, a Diplom-Jurist, or a fully qualified lawyer
- 4+ years post-qualification legal experience with an international law firm or in-house experience
- Strong commercial background and business acumen
- Thrives when working on a variety of subject matters
- Willingness to embrace risk-taking and act in an entrepreneurial manner to mitigate risks
- Excellent English and German language skills, including the ability to draft and negotiate contracts
- Expertise in civil and contract law (BGB), together with a strong interest and ideally some experience in adjacent fields such as data privacy and/or intellectual property
- Experience with corporate governance issues
- Knowledge of statutes, rules, and regulations pertaining to businesses
Then please apply and send us your CV and cover letter today!
Please indicate in your application how many hours you would be available and what your flexibility is related to part time work.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 4.3 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.